Screenagers: What Do You Think?
September 23, 2016
New Paltz High School
Screenagers is a short film that looks into modern family life and depicts messy and humorous struggles over social media, video games, academics and culture. Through surprising insights from authors and scientists, solutions emerge on how we can empower ourselves to best navigate the digital world. This screening was intended to foster dialogue and discussion about one important issue facing all of us today. Middle school youth were encouraged to attend.
Following this 60 minute film, there will be a panel discussion and audience Q and A facilitated by Tamara Cooper, LMSW, Program Director, Family of Woodstock Hotline and Crisis Center. The panel included:
- Evan Fantozzi, College student and Youth Camp Counselor
- Maddy Fox, PhD, Assistant Professor Children and Youth Studies and Sociology at Brooklyn College
- Melanie Hill, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology at SUNY New Paltz
- Kellyann Kostyal Larrier, Executive Director of SAFE Homes of Orange County
- Carole Louise, Hudson Valley high school student
- Timothy Rodier, LCSW-R, Psychotherapist in private practice
- Live via Skype from Kathmandu, Nepal will be Sadie Green, Himalayan Children’s Charities (HCC) Director of Nepal Program Development, and a Nepali student representative from the Friends of HCC youth club
This event was co-sponsored by New Paltz Central School District, Wild Earth, and the New Paltz High School and Middle School Parent Teacher Association.