On this page you can apply for any one of our programs.
Scroll down to access the application for each item below:
- Join us on our Nepal Trip
- Join our Youth Action Team
- Apply for a Community Service Scholarship
- Apply for an After School Art Study Scholarship
- Apply for a THRIVE Grant
In the spring of 2018 Maya Gold Foundation Board members will be leading a trip to Nepal for Hudson Valley teens, Heart of Gold Adventures.
The purpose of Heart of Gold Adventures is to offer Hudson Valley teens an educational experience that includes cultural awareness and appreciation, service to others, and the fun of adventure, so they can be empowered to gain a greater sense of themselves and the world. Participants will develop a passion for exploration and community engagement, and learn skills to empower themselves to put their dreams into action.
We will work alongside leaders and youth from the Himalayan Children’s Charities (HCC), a Nepali based organization that offers much in the way of service, sustenance and enrichment for many young people in Nepal.
Youth Ambassadors on this journey with the Maya Gold Foundation will:
- Volunteer in an orphanage alongside Nepali teens
- Share their gifts, talents, and understanding of culture in the USA with the young people and teens of Nepal
- Make connections and friendships with Nepali Teens through personal exchange and outdoor adventures
- Reduce the illegal trafficking of young people via education and support of HCC
- Develop an understanding of Nepali culture, customs and history
- Gain an understanding of the difficulties and resiliencies of young people in Nepal
- Bring back their perspective and experience of Nepal to the Hudson Valley community through an event of creative presentations in New Paltz
March 24-April 7, 2018
$2900 includes airfare, lodging, food, visa, fees, ground transportation, and excursions. Scholarships available pending eligibility
Application Due Date:
November 1, 2017
We will be staying at the Rokpa Guest House, (pictured above) when in Kathmandu.
Located close by is the Boudhanath Stupa, a site of spiritual and historic importance for Nepalis.
AFTER SCHOOL ART STUDY
The Maya Gold Foundation is now offering an After School Art Study Scholarship in partnership with the New Paltz Art Studio. Elementary and middle School students eligible for free\reduced lunch may submit a confidential application here. The first session begins in September of 2017.
In keeping with our goal to support existing programs and develop new programs for teens in New Paltz and the surrounding area, we welcome requests for funding under the program THRIVE: Grants for New Paltz Youth Programs. Applications can be submitted at any time. We review applications quarterly according to the schedule below. Please apply online here. Application Due Date: March 21, June 21, September 21, December 21. Grant Notification Date: April 21, July 21, October 21, January 21.
YOUTH ACTION TEAM
The Youth Action Team is comprised of young people aged 13-18 from New Paltz and the surrounding areas, but 60% of the Youth Action Team seats are reserved for New Paltz residents. We seek a diverse team and encourage all interested young people to apply.
COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
The Community Service Scholarship is offered to a New Paltz teen (sophomore or junior) who is committed to social justice and community service. Each year up to two scholarships are offered to students who demonstrate a willingness to serve others in our community. Students may apply online here.